December 20, 2019 Our Favorite Holiday Recipes: Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
From Emily Johnson, Donor Services Coordinator: Ever since I can remember, our family has made peanut butter blossom cookies for the holidays. We haven’t missed a year yet, and aren’t going to start now – we’re getting together on Saturday to make our annual four or five batches to give to friends and family, and a few to keep for ourselves.
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Sugar for rolling
- 1 bag Hershey’s kisses, unwrapped
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, shortening, peanut butter, milk, vanilla and egg; mix with electric mixer on low speed until stiff dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375°F. for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately top each cookie with 1 milk chocolate candy, pressing down firmly so cookie cracks around edge; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour or until chocolate is set.