Creating a charitable giving fund with the Community Foundation or adding to your existing fund is simple. Call us to discuss your philanthropic goals and fund options to best suit your needs.
A variety of assets may be used to create funds and you may choose between an endowment fund or an expendable fund and determine how it is invested. You may also wish to designate assets that will come to us after your lifetime as a legacy gift.
Assets you may contribute include:
- Publicly traded securities or mutual fund shares
- Closely-held and pre-IPO stock
- Real estate (some restrictions apply)
- Retained life estate
- Retirement fund plans
- Life insurance
- Charitable Remainder Trust (remainder of)
- Charitable Lead Trust (lead gift of)