December 20, 2019 Our Favorite Holiday Recipes: Beth’s Pimento Cheese and Crackers
From Elizabeth Brown, President and CEO: This recipe blends two key key facts about me—1) I am from Georgia and 2) I don’t cook. Please note: all other Georgians are amazing cooks!
Beth’s Pimento Cheese and Crackers
This recipe blends two key key facts about me—1) I am from Georgia and 2) I don’t cook. Please note: all other Georgians are amazing cooks!
- Go to Whole Foods, Big Johns, Oliver’s or wherever My Three Son’s Gourmet Pimento Cheese is sold.
- At same establishment, also select crackers of your choice (I use Triscuits).
- Also purchase Gluten Free crackers. They won’t be as tasty but they will be an excellent delivery vehicle for the pimento cheese (believe me I know —I am newly GF).
- Transfer contents of pimento cheese into serving bowl of your choice. Same goes for crackers.
- Enter festive occasion and announce “I brought my famous pimento cheese and crackers!”
- Also say “I am so sorry I didn’t have time to make my homemade crackers. These are store bought Triscuits.”
- Never lie about the P.C. not being homemade!
- YET okay to be vague and not to offer your “method” unless asked. A curious finding about human behavior: being transparent about Triscuits generally results in no questions asked about origins of pimento cheese. A miracle!
- Talk much about what wine pairs with pimento cheese (Sauvignon Blanc or Malbec).
- Return home grateful —with an empty bowl, full heart, and reminder that it is okay to not be good at all things.