We share your heartbreak and desire to do something in support of our friends and neighbors affected by the devastating Valley Fires.
If you would like to make a gift through your donor advised fund at the Community Foundation, please contact your philanthropic advisor to learn up to date information about nonprofit organizations providing relief efforts.
We will keep you updated as we learn more about the infrastructure being developed to support long-term, strategic relief to Lake, Napa and Sonoma County fire victims. In the meantime, the following organizations continue to provide services to those affected by the fires:
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Santa Rosa is providing food and basic human needs as well as supporting re-housing people displaced by the fire. (Please specify Lake County Disaster Relief.)
- Wine Country Animal Lovers is paying medical bills for animals affected by the fires. This volunteer run organization has already supported more than 400 animals living at evacuations sites including free veterinary care, food, vaccinations, microchips, and placing animals in nearby shelters, in collaboration with three other local animal welfare organizations.
- North Coast Opportunities created the Lake County Wildfire Relief Fund to distribute immediate emergency financial support to those affected by the evacuations and loss of property
- Ole Health established medical and dental clinics at evacuation sites and will continue to serve fire victims providing direct services including mental health, follow-up appointments and continued care from injuries related to the fire.
- United Way of the Wine Country has established a Relief Fund for the Valley Fire and will continue to distribute resources to those most in need.
- American Red Cross provided emergency shelters and services to evacuees. They continue to lend expertise on rebuilding after an emergency.