At Community Foundation Sonoma County, we believe in the power of connecting people, ideas, and resources to benefit all who live here.
We invest in the promise of Sonoma County by facilitating:
- Connections: We partner with donors and professional advisors to build resources that create long-term philanthropic solutions.
- Stewardship: We fulfill the charitable legacies of our donors by supporting a diverse cross-section of effective nonprofits.
- Solutions: We convene individuals and organizations to stimulate new ideas, foster collaborations, and strengthen community philanthropy.
We are the hub of philanthropy for the county, connecting people, ideas and resources to benefit all who live here. We work with philanthropists to create plans that will make an impact in our community and become part of their family’s legacy.
– Elizabeth Brown, President and CEO
Key facts about us:
- Community Foundation Sonoma County was established in 1983.
- Our current assets of over $150 million are held in over 450 charitable funds created by individuals, families, community groups and businesses.
- We are governed by a Board of Directors representing a cross section of Sonoma County’s business, civic and philanthropic leaders and our President & CEO.
- Since inception, the Community Foundation and our donors have awarded $200 million in grants
To learn more about what a Community Foundation does, click here.
Community Foundation Sonoma County is confirmed in compliance with National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations.